For over 20 years, NEARI Press has been providing nationally recognized “cutting edge” work with seriously emotionally disturbed children and youth as well as providing “state of the art” resources about sexual abuse prevention. Since NEARI's inception, we have served as a source of practical, cutting-edge information for professionals and the public about promising and best-practice interventions with those who sexually abuse or display sexual behavior problems. In our rapidly changing field, NEARI Press strives to bring you the best thinking to guide your work with at-risk children, youth and adults. As a nonprofit organization our mission is to ensure that the professionals working with these target populations have access to the best information, training, and skill building opportunities available.
- To provide education and treatment services for emotionally disturbed, traumatized, neurologically challenged and learning disabled children and adolescents.
- To create effective learning opportunities for the organizations, professionals and other adults who care about these children, youth and other at-risk populations
groundbreaking direct servicesNEARI's local direct services for at risk children and youth include the following programs:
- NEARI Press is a small publishing company specializing in providing resources to professionals engaged in sex abuse specific work.
- NEARI Training Center works with the top national and international trainers in this field. Through the center, NEARI has trained thousands of professionsl in the specialized interventions and treatment modalities required to ensure that youth and children who have sexually sbused can learn to stop victimizing others.
- NEARI Day School, a Massachusetts licensed special education day school for neurologically challenged, emotionally disturbed, and learning disabled children and youth, with three separate components: an elementary, middle and high school serving students 7-22.
- NEARI Jump-Start, an after-school prevention program for at risk youth living in Holyoke.
- Brain-Based Education and Resource Center, an alternative assessment and education center providing services to address chronic learning and behavior problems in children, youth and adults
- Links: A short listing of organizations who provide helpful information and resources on sexual abuse trauma, treatment, management and prevention. Currently in the process of revision!
- Free Workshops
- FREE Webinars: Listen to the presentations by many of the internationally recognized NEARI Press authors, such as Phil Rich, David Prescott, Robin Wilson, Joann Schladale and more. Each webinar is one-hour long, from 3-4 PM and usually on the second or third Tuesday of every month, from September through June. All webinars are recorded and links to each video and PowerPoint are placed online in the following week, so even if you miss the webinar, you can still access the content!
- NEARI PRESS Bookstore: specializing in providing resources to professionals engaged in sex abuse specific work.