For over 20 years, NEARI has been providing nationally recognized “cutting edge” work with seriously emotionally disturbed children and youth as well as providing “state of the art” resources about sexual abuse prevention.
- To provide education and treatment services for emotionally disturbed, traumatized, neurologically challenged and learning disabled children and adolescents.
- To create effective learning opportunities for the organizations, professionals and other adults who care about these children, youth and other at-risk populations
Cutting Edge Resources
NEARI’s direct service work grounds the organization’s regional and national programs which include the NEARI Training Center and NEARI Press.
|NEARI Press is a small niche publishing company specializing in providing resources to professionals engaged in sex abuse specific work.|
|NEARI Training Center works with the top national and international trainers in this field. Through the center, NEARI has trained thousands of professionals in the specialized interventions and treatment modalities required to ensure that youth and children who have sexually abused can learn to stop victimizing others.|
ground breaking direct servicesNEARI's local direct services for at risk children and youth include the following programs:
- NEARI Day School, a Massachusetts licensed special education day school for neurologically challenged, emotionally disturbed, and learning disabled children and youth, with three separate components: an elementary, middle and high school serving students 7-22.
- NEARI Jump-Start, an after-school prevention program for at risk youth living in Holyoke.
- Brain-Based Education and Resource Center, an alternative assessment and education center providing services to address chronic learning and behavior problems in children, youth and adults